New product from Octagon, LNB with PLL and 25Mhz crystal the OTLG Green HQ, Input: 10.70Ghz-12.75Ghz LO: 9.75/10.6Ghz and 65dB of gain High frequency stability..
What a lovely bit of kit, internal build quality has really taken a turn in the right direction. Lightning fast boot up time and super fast processor the 7000DLE is set to be a winner! HF and 6Mtrs @100Watts. ok the box looks a bit 1950’s but the performance is stunning! Boasting an Intel NUC, I7 8th Gen 2.70Ghz CPU, 8Gb Super fast RAM, and a 128Gb SSD.. 2X USB-3, 1X USB-C, 1X NIC, and a HDMI port.. Pre-installed W10 and fully loaded ready to go Power SDR. Take a peak at the manual and order one here 🙂
The satelite es’hail continues to cause a stir in the ham radio community. The very popular octagon twin LNB sold out accross Amazon and Ebay with one seller hiking the price to over €150!
There are cheaper alternatives however there maybe some issues when trying to stabilise drift.
Don’t forget that the LNB will require 12v supplied via a bias tee, these are available from Ebay for a few pounds.. above all have fun..
- HF coverage between 9 kHz .. 31 MHz
- VHF coverage between 60 .. 260 MHz
- -140.0 dBm (0.02 µV / 50 ohms at 15MHz) MDS Typ. at 500Hz bandwidth in HF
- -141.5 dBm MDS Typ. at 500 Hz bandwidth in FM Broadcast Band (60 – 108 MHz)
- -142.5 dBm MDS Typ. at 500 Hz bandwidth in VHF Aviation Band (118 – 136 MHz)
- -140.5 dBm MDS Typ. at 500 Hz bandwidth in VHF Commercial Band (136 – 174 MHz)
- -140.0 dBm MDS Typ. at 500 Hz bandwidth in the upper VHF Band (> 174 MHz)
- +15 dBm IIP3 on HF at maximum gain
- +13 dBm IIP3 on VHF at maximum gain
- 110 dB blocking dynamic range (BDR) in HF
- 95 dB blocking dynamic range (BDR) in VHF
- 150+ dB combined selectivity (hardware + software)
- 120 dB Image Rejection (software)
- Up to 660 kHz alias and image free output for 768 ksps IQ
- 18 bit Embedded Digital Down Converter (DDC)
- 22 bit Resolution at 3 kHz channel using State of the Art DDC (SDR# and SDR-Console)
- +10 dBm Maximum RF input
- 0.5 ppm high precision, low phase noise clock
- 1 PPB frequency adjustment capability
- Very low phase noise PLL (-110 dBc/Hz @ 1kHz separation @ 100 MHz)
- Best Noise reduction of the market using state of the art algorithms
- 2 x High Dynamic Range Sigma Delta ADCs @ up to 36 MSPS
- No Silicon RF switch to introduce IMD in the HF path
- Routable RF inputs with simple modification
- Wide Band RF filter bank
- Tracking RF filters
- Sharp IF filters with 0.1 dB ripple
- Smart AGC with real time optimization of the gain distribution
- All RF inputs are matched to 50 ohms
- 4 x Programmable GPIO’s
- No drivers required! 100% Plug-and-play on Windows Vista, Seven, 8, 8.1 and 10
- Industrial Operating Temperature: -45°C to 85°C
Es’Hail-2 was launched from the kennedy space center November 2018, since then there has been a real buzz in the Ham-Radio community. essentially this is a repeater in space, covering a large chunk of europe, all of the UK and into North America.